Jorin Grimsdale - Farmer, Scotland
“Atfarm is very simple to use, taking just 10 mins to load all my field boundaries over the 2200 hectares of farming. I like to use satellite imagery to scout for any management issues. The maps are a very visual way of picking out differences in growth and development to help prioritise decisions. There are plenty of products being developed for farmers, but some do not deliver and I wouldn’t recommend, however I would recommend farmers to try Atfarm.”
Remy Dumery - Farmer, France
"If you want to take the first step towards precision agriculture, feel free to test to create simulations on Atfarm. This will allow you to understand the potential of this tool."
Fabiano Paganella - Agronomist, Italy
"It's much better than the solutions that we saw in the past, and we also can see the field from above and identify problematic areas or that have some deficiencies"
Dr. Alastair Leake - Director of Policy at the Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust, England
"Nitrogen Use Efficiency is one of the most significant challenges mankind faces if we are to reduce carbon and nutrient emissions yet feed a growing global population. The Yara N tester BT is a valuable and practical tool for farmers to use, backed by decades of research results, to improve efficiency.”
So, what is Atfarm?
Atfarm is a digital, modular tool, available as a web application with an additional free mobile app for monitoring the growth of your plants, generating variable rate application (VRA) maps and analyzing the nitrogen demand of your plants to use your nitrogen fertilizer and manure more efficiently.
You can create unlimited farms and upload or draw your fields. You can also invite users to your farms.
There are three key functions in Atfarm:
Free biomass monitoring
With the easy-to-use platform Atfarm comes the possibility to remotely monitor the biomass status of your fields and identify variations in crops at any growth stage and make informed decisions regarding your nitrogen fertilization. Atfarm uses satellite images taken every 3 - 5 days, so that you can monitor the current biomass status of your field.
Read more about the biomass monitoring here.
Variable Rate Application (VRA) maps for nitrogen fertilization
You can add your fields to Atfarm by importing or drawing them and create and individually adapt VRA maps to optimize your nitrogen fertilization. You can then export the VRA map to your terminal or you can send the VRA map to your smartphone if you don't have a VRA spreader and use the free Atfarm mobile app as your terminal.
Benefits of VRA:
- increased nitrogen use efficiency
- less nitrogen remains in the soil after the harvest, leading to reduced risk of leaching
- lower nitrogen balance surplus
- easier to compensate for growth differences within a field
- reduced risk of crop lodging
- easier harvest due to more homogeneous growing plants
- higher yields and protein content depending on weather conditions
To get more information about what is required to use the VRA maps of Atfarm, please click here.
Getting nitrogen recommendations
You can use our free Photo Analysis for analyzing oil seed rape and winter cereals in early growth stages. You simply take a picture of your plant with your smartphone camera in the Atfarm mobile app and get a nitrogen recommendation afterwards.
Moreover you can analyze even more crop types in later growth stages with the N-Tester-Analysis done with the Atfarm mobile app and the N-Tester BT. The received nitrogen recommendations of the N-Tester BT can be used as a basis for the creation of your VRA maps.
Why should I use the N-Tester BT and the VRA map module in Atfarm in combination?
- With the N-Tester BT you only know when and how much nitrogen your crops need. By using Atfarm in addition, you can also determine how the nitrogen should be distributed over the field.
- You will work more resource-efficiently and in a more environmentally friendly way while improving quality and ensuring yields.
- You have a holistic view of your fields and you can detect anomalies in time and react to them with appropriate measures. This applies not only to fertilization but also to e. g. plant protection.
- You have an almost complete traceability and documentation of the measured values and thus, you can make decisions to increase your operational efficiency.
- You can record the nitrogen supply status for each area again and again and generate VRA maps from the nitrogen recommendations at any time.
Will Atfarm be available in my country?
The availability of Atfarm and it's modules vary from country to country.
For the Photo Analysis the available calibrations for crop types, the measuring method and the measurement output vary from country to country. For the N-Tester Analysis the available calibrations for crop types and the measuring method vary from country to country.
We are working on expanding the availability of Atfarm, so that more and more farmers and agronomists can improve their fertilization.
To check what exactly is available for your country, please contact our Customer Support Team.
How can Atfarm help me if I already have an N-Sensor?
Atfarm and the N-Sensor complement each other. While the N-Sensor (tractor mounted) works well even on cloudy days where satellite images can't be used, Atfarm has the benefit of frequent and easy updates. Additionally, Atfarm lets you adjust your VRA map prior to the application.