After exporting your variable rate application (VRA) map to your smartphone, please follow these steps:
- Open the Atfarm mobile app.
- Choose the farm you want to use the VRA map for.
- Choose the field you want to use the VRA map for.
- The field details view opens.
- Scroll down and select the desired VRA map. Tip: You can also create a VRA map directly in your Atfarm app using the 'Add application map' button.
- Your generated VRA map will now open.
- Click on 'Create application task'.
- Choose between 'By speed' and 'By flow rate' modes.
- Click on 'Start driving'.
- Activate your location.
- Start driving.
- After completing the application, click on 'Mark as complete'.
- Click 'Confirm Completion' to finish the application task or 'Continue Drive' to continue the application.
- You can find the completed application task in your field overview of the field.
- Mount your phone in your tractor’s cab
- Set the GPS accuracy of your smartphone to 'high'
- GPS is usually not very accurate in forests and deep valleys
- Set your spreader properly
What do the 'By speed' and 'By flow rate' modes mean?
'By speed' = drive mode
If it is not possible to adjust the flow rate of your fertilizer spreader while driving, you can adjust the driving speed in the drive mode.
After you have followed the steps described above and selected 'By speed' as mode in step 8, please follow these steps:
- Enter the preferred average speed under 'Average'.
- Set your spreader to the medium flow rate and medium average speed displayed on the screen.
In the field, stick to the driving speed displayed in the app.
Though the drive mode allows all users easy access to variable fertilization, there are technical limitations. As you must keep the engine revs constant to ensure an even spread pattern, you need to shift gears to adjust speed. Therefore, the tractor you use should have multiple gears in the speed range on the field. To avoid a drop of speed when shifting gears, it is recommended to use a tractor with a power shift or a CVT /IVT transmission. Using tractors with a low number of gears, or where shifting requires pushing the clutch might lead to off-speed driving and unwanted spreading.
'By flow rate' = Flow rate mode
If your spreader comes with a terminal that allows changing the flow rates on the go, you should use the flow rate mode.
After following the steps above and selecting 'By flow rate' as the mode in step 8, please follow these steps:
- Set your spreader to the average flow rate displayed on the screen.
- In the field, stick to the flow rate displayed in the app.
Why do I have to select a country in the Atfarm mobile app?
The selection of the country refers to both the language and region-specific calibrations. The measurement results you will receive in the app are crop-specific and apply only to the production system and geolocation for which they were developed and tested. The user interface is automatically set to the language of the selected country.
It is currently not possible to separate language and calibration.
If you use the YaraIrix App in Germany, you must select Germany as the country to get reliable results. The language in the app will be German by default.
If you want to use the YaraIrix App in Poland, Poland must be selected as country for you to receive reliable results. The language of the app will also be Polish.