|The N-Tester BT is connected via Bluetooth® wireless technology to the Atfarm Mobile App. The Bluetooth® connection is not enabled by connecting the device in the Bluetooth® settings of the operating system (Android, iOS) as usually known from other devices. The Atfarm Mobile App automatically establishes a temporary connection in the background.|
To connect your N-Tester BT to the Atfarm Mobile App, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Install the Atfarm Mobile App
- Download and install the Atfarm Mobile App from Google Play Store or Apple App store on your smartphone.
Install from Google Play Store: Install from Apple App Store: Scan the QR-Code with your smartphone camera and follow the link.
Step 2: Use the Atfarm Mobile App
- Open the Atfarm Mobile App and log in to your Atfarm account with e-mail and password.
- Create or choose a farm.
- Create or choose a field.
- The field page opens.
- Scroll down to the N-Tester options and select 'Start measurement'.
- Appears only the first time: Select your N-Tester model (you can manage your devices later in the settings page).
- Fill the crop data sheet. Enter variety, quality goal and growth stage. Modify yield expectation, N-min and N already applied and choose if it's the last dressing. Note: Inputs vary based on country and region. Nitrogen recommendations provided by Yara are only valid for certain crops and development stages. The Atfarm Mobile App provides you this information in the crop datasheet.
- Click 'Start measuring'.
- Allow the app to track your GPS position.
- Turn on Bluetooth® on your smartphone.
Read this article to learn why the Atfarm Mobile App requires a Bluetooth® connection and GPS tracking to calculate a nitrogen recommendation.
Step 3: Switch on the N-Tester BT
||Note: A red blinking LED during initialisation indicates the batteries need replacing.|
Step 4: Take a measurement
After you successfully connected your N-Tester BT to the Atfarm Mobile App, you are ready to measure your plants. Please read here how to measure correctly.
Please note: For now, we do not take fertiliser regulations into account for the N-Tester Analysis. Please remember to take the maximum nitrogen requirement according to the governmental fertiliser restriction when fertilising your crops.