To use the Photo Analysis properly, please follow these steps:
- Open the Atfarm Mobile App.
- Choose the farm you want to analyse.
- Choose the field you want to analyse.
- The field details view opens.
- Scroll down and select 'Begin Photo Analysis'.
- Select variety, growth stage, sowing date and enter the common first N dressing.
- Click 'Initiate Analysis'.
- Allow Atfarm to use your camera and position.
- Your camera will now open and you can take pictures of your crop.
- Click 'Get results' when you have made enough photos.
- An N-recommendation/N-uptake (depending on country and crop type) is displayed in kg N/ha on your smartphone.
- Click 'Show more insights' to get more detailed information about your measurement.
- Click 'Repeat' to re-start your measurement.
Great! You have successfully analysed your plants with your smartphone camera. You can find all your nitrogen recommendations in the field detail view of every field.
How many pictures of the crop should I take? What should a good photo look like?
You can get a good recommendation with only one picture, but the more pictures you take, the more representative your sample will be.
Walk across the field and take pictures in order to get the best out of this capability. To take the best photo, please keep your smartphone parallel to the ground, hold it 1 to 1,5 m above the canopy and exclude boots, tools or anything that is not the crop.
If it's to sunny, cover your crops with your own shadow to avoid falsifying the result.
Oil seed rape
My variety is not in the drop-down list
If you can't find the name of your variety in the drop-down list, please contact our Customer Support Team and we will suggest similar varieties to choose instead.
Why is my location needed to get a nitrogen recommendation?
For us to provide you the best possible nitrogen recommendations, we need to know the location of your measurements. Yara handles all data according to GDPR regulations.