Even though, former N-Tester models N-Tester 1995 and N-Tester Display, can't connect via Bluetooth® wireless technology to the Atfarm Mobile App like the N-Tester BT does, you can use them in combination with the Atfarm Mobile App without any restrictions.
Please proceed as follows:
Step 1: Install the Atfarm Mobile App
- Download and install the Atfarm Mobile App from Google Play Store or Apple App store on your smartphone.
Install from Google Play Store: Install from Apple App Store: Scan the QR-Code with your smartphone camera and follow the link.
Step 2: Use the Atfarm Mobile App
- Open the Atfarm Mobile App and log in to your Atfarm account with e-mail and password.
- Create or choose a farm.
- Create or choose a field.
- The field page opens.
- Scroll down to the N-Tester options and select 'Start measurement'.
- Appears only the first time: Select your N-Tester model (you can manage your devices later in the settings page).
- Fill the crop data sheet. Enter variety, quality goal and growth stage. Modify yield expectation, N-min and N already applied and choose if it's the last dressing. Note: Inputs vary based on country and region. Nitrogen recommendations provided by Yara are only valid for certain crops and development stages. The Atfarm Mobile App provides you this information in the crop datasheet.
- Click 'Start measuring'.
Step 3: Take a measurement with the N-Tester
Please note: For now, we do not take fertiliser regulations into account for the N-Tester Analysis. Please remember to take the maximum nitrogen requirement according to the governmental fertiliser restriction when fertilising your crops.
- Turn on your N-Tester and set it up for the measurement.
- Take at least 30 measurements of your plants in the field.
In the N-Tester Display User Manual/N-Tester 1995 User Manual you can read how to set up the N-Tester and how to measure correctly.
Step 4: Get a nitrogen recommendation in the Atfarm Mobile App
- When you completed your measurements, fill in the three-digit N-Tester value shown on your device into the Atfarm Mobile App.
- Click 'Get N-Tester value' in the Atfarm Mobile App.
- A nitrogen recommendation in kg/ha will be displayed on your screen.
- Click 'Repeat measurement' to re-start your measurement.
- You can find all nitrogen recommendations in the field page.
Click on 'Show more insights' to see more details about your crop. Click 'Show N-Tester values' to see the three-digit values. These values are an intermediate result determined by the N-Tester.