Atfarm is a digital, modular tool, available as a web application with an additional free Mobile App for monitoring the growth of your plants, generating variable rate application (VRA) maps and analysing the nitrogen demand of your plants to use your nitrogen fertiliser and manure more efficiently.
You can create unlimited farms and upload or draw your fields. You can also invite users to your farms.
There are three key functions in Atfarm:
Free biomass monitoring
With the easy-to-use platform Atfarm comes the possibility to remotely monitor the biomass status of your fields and identify variations in crops at any growth stage and make informed decisions regarding your nitrogen fertilisation. Atfarm uses satellite images taken every 3 - 5 days, so that you can monitor the current biomass status of your field.
Read more about biomass monitoring here.
Variable Rate Application (VRA) maps for nitrogen fertilisation
You can add your fields to Atfarm by importing or drawing them and create and individually adapt VRA maps to optimise your nitrogen fertilisation. You can then export the VRA map to your terminal or you can send the VRA map to your smartphone if you don't have a VRA spreader and use the free Atfarm Mobile App as your terminal.
Benefits of VRA:
- increased nitrogen use efficiency
- less nitrogen remains in the soil after the harvest, leading to reduced risk of leaching
- lower nitrogen balance surplus
- easier to compensate for growth differences within a field
- reduced risk of crop lodging
- easier harvest due to more homogeneous growing plants
- higher yields and protein content depending on weather conditions
To get more information about what is required to use the VRA maps of Atfarm, please click here.
Getting nitrogen recommendations
You can use our free Photo Analysis for analysing oil seed rape and winter cereals in early growth stages. Simply take a picture of your plants with the smartphone camera in the Atfarm Mobile App and get a nitrogen recommendation afterwards.
Moreover you can analyse even more crop types in later growth stages with the N-Tester-Analysis done with the Atfarm Mobile App and the N-Tester. The received nitrogen recommendations of the N-Tester can be used as a basis for the creation of your VRA maps.
Why should I use N-Tester and VRA map module in combination?
- With the N-Tester you know when and how much nitrogen your crops need. By using Atfarm in addition, you can also determine how the nitrogen should be distributed over the field.
- You will work more resource-efficiently and in a more environmentally friendly way while improving quality and ensuring yields.
- You have a holistic view of your fields and you can detect anomalies in time and react to them with appropriate measures. This applies not only to fertilisation but also to e. g. plant protection.
- You have an almost complete traceability and documentation of the measured values and thus, you can make decisions to increase your operational efficiency.
- You can record the nitrogen supply status for each area again and again and generate VRA maps from the nitrogen recommendations at any time.
Will Atfarm be available in my country?
The availability of Atfarm and its modules varies from country to country.
For the Photo Analysis the available calibrations for crop types, the measuring method and the measurement output vary from country to country. For the N-Tester Analysis the available calibrations for crop types and the measuring method vary from country to country.
We are working on expanding the availability of Atfarm, so that more and more farmers and agronomists can improve their fertilisation.
To check what exactly is available for your country, please contact our Customer Support Team.
How can Atfarm help me if I already have an N-Sensor?
Atfarm and the N-Sensor complement each other. While the N-Sensor (tractor mounted) works well even on cloudy days where satellite images can't be used, Atfarm has the benefit of frequent and easy updates. Additionally, Atfarm lets you adjust your VRA map prior to the application.